A Hospital Information System (HIS) simplifies care coordination by improving access to patient history and health information. A HIS aims to provide a centralized database where patient health data can be securely stored, accessed, and shared as necessary to improve the quality and delivery of patient care.
Currently, there is no standardized HIS solution. Rather, a number of private software vendors offer the technical structure and backing for health information systems. Clinics and hospitals can purchase HIS solutions for a fee or develop their own. Increasingly, health information systems are being implemented as cloud-based solutions.
Benefits of a Hospital Information System
The push to create a digital and centralized database of patient health information is not new, but advances in cloud technology and electronic storage are helping drive the adoption of updated HIS solutions. With these advanced solutions, patients and providers stand to benefit in the following key ways:
- All types of care, predominantly ambulatory and outpatient care, can be improved by faster access to up-to-date patient information.
- With the automatic removal of duplicate entries and by eliminating the possibility of transcription errors (e.g., illegible handwriting), HIS solutions create more reliable records.
- Through digital information management, HIS solutions can improve, maintain, and support data quality initiatives through better access control and synced updates.
- By creating a more accessible way of storing information that can be shared easily and immediately, HIS solutions improve reporting initiatives.
- For practices that maintain strict data privacy and security standards, including implementing advanced access controls, HIS solutions can prove more confidential and traceable than any paper-based record system.
In addition to the above, Hospital Information System solutions also help streamline processes, eliminate touch work, and improve outcomes, all of which help reduce costs and build a reputation for providers.
How TempDev Can Help With Your HIS
TempDev’s team of experienced consultants, developers, and trainers are here to support enhanced accessibility, as well as customized features and templates. This gives you and your patients more control over data with improved transparency.
As part of our streamlining process, we help you implement the Patient Portal, API, and other tools better to support safety, patient engagement, and security. From dashboards to automation and workflow redesign, TempDev offers the comprehensive resources and tools you need to implement your Hospital Information System.
Contact us here or by calling us at 888.TEMP.DEV to optimize your Hospital Information System.
Agree with our point of view?
Become our client!
Please submit your business information and a TempDev representative will follow up with you within 24 hours.