Medicare is a health insurance program supported by the federal government and established to support the healthcare requirements for individuals who are 65+ years of age or those who have special needs or disabilities. TempDev offers revenue cycle support and quality insights to help you better understand and streamline your medical billing process and compliance with Medicare.
Medicare was established in 1965 as a program under the Social Security Administration (SSA). The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) administers the Medicare program. There are four parts of Medicare:
- Part A: This plan covers inpatient or hospital-related care and services.
- Part B: This plan covers outpatient care, doctor appointments, and related care.
- Part C: This plan is offered by private insurance companies, with a combination of Plan A and B also known as Medicare Advantage.
- Part D: This plan covers prescription drugs.
TempDev offers consulting to help you better navigate the Medicare rules and requirements, no matter how convoluted they may seem. We help you stay up-to-date and current with regulatory issues to avoid burnout and potential compliance issues.
What Are the Benefits of Medicare?
Medicare is something that many American just use as a matter of health insurance, but there are a number of benefits you should know about for your patients.
- Adoption: The widespread acceptance of Medicare is a key factor that supports its use by patients as they seek healthcare providers and doctors.
- Focus on Quality: Medicare pushes health care organizations to improve the quality of care they are proving to patients by initiating various performance programs.
- Cost: Medicare is low-cost health insurance for many patients that need it the most.
While your patients may incur additional costs for copay or coinsurance, Medicare probably will cover most of the medical costs for your patients. If your patients need other benefits for hearing, dental, or vision, they will likely need to seek out additional coverage options or pay the out-of-pocket costs for those services unless they have chosen a Medicare Advantage plan.
TempDev offers support with your medical billing issues. We help you understand the policy changes to avoid denied claims for insufficient documentation, duplication, late submission, or incorrect data.
How TempDev Can Help You Better Understand CMS
TempDev’s team of experienced consultants, developers, and trainers is here to support enhanced accessibility and customized features and templates. This enables you and your patients to have more control over data with improved transparency.
As part of our streamlining process, we help you implement the Patient Portal, API, and other tools to better support safety, patient engagement, and security. TempDev offers the comprehensive resources and tools you need to ensure compliance from dashboards to automation and workflow redesign.
Contact us here or by calling us at 888.TEMP.DEV to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines.
Agree with our point of view?
Become our client!
Please submit your business information and a TempDev representative will follow up with you within 24 hours.