TempDev is announcing their new COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic NextGen EHR Template! With the widespread availability of the COVID-19 vaccines only a few weeks away, now is the time to get your NextGen EHR ready. TempDev’s new NextGen EHR Template makes documenting and billing for a high volume of vaccines fast and easy. Don’t forget to also prepare NextGen EPM for billing for the COVID-19 vaccines!
Here are the features and benefits of the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Template.
COVID-19 Vaccines Are Here!
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized the Pfizer-Biontech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use. The vaccines are readily available to all patients over the age of 12. Broad community immunization with the Pfizer-Biontech, Moderna, & Johnson & Johnson vaccines will begin soon.
If your practice plans to administer a high volume of the COVID-19 vaccines, you will need to update your NextGen EHR and EPM to code and bill for them. Your vaccine clinic will be a vital community resource for ending the COVID-19 pandemic. Don’t let documentation and billing issues slow you down. TempDev designed the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Template with practices like yours in mind. This template will help your practice document and bill for the Pfizer-Biontech, Moderna, & Johnson & Johnson vaccines with ease.
Features of the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic NextGen EHR Template
TempDev built the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Template on a NextGen EHR Practice Template. This means your providers will not need to open each patient’s chart to document and bill for vaccine administration. TempDev’s approach to this template is similar to the TempDev Flu Clinic Template and the COVID-19 Testing Clinic Template. If your practice already uses these Templates, you know how much time and money they can save.
With TempDev’s new template, you can:
- Run a high-volume COVID-19 vaccine clinic with only 3 to 5 clicks per patient.
- Quickly add clinical documentation for all COVID-19 vaccines given in your practice.
- Automatically bill immunization & admin codes per Vaccine Manufacturer, including Pfizer-Biontech Moderna. Now including support for booster shots!
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen single-dose support
- Add new patients directly from the template.
- Utilize NextGen’s Vaccine Inventory to optimize the user experience and track usage.
- Seamlessly integrates with NextGen Immunization Registry Interfaces for public health reporting.
- Fast switch to add Flu vaccines with the Flu Vaccine Clinic NextGen EHR Template.
- Automatically schedule the second dose appointment with 2 clicks.
- Quickly document the CDC Prevaccination Checklist for COVID-19 Vaccines.
- Chart Vaccine Priority for your Immunization Interfaces (such as NYSIIS).
- Automatically update the patient’s Appointment Workflow Status.
- Utilize multiple Resources & Events per Location in Appointment Search Ahead for Dose 2 Appointment Scheduling
- Configure VFC billing to be triggered
- CDC Prevaccination Checklist for COVID-19 Vaccines patient template & document updated based upon August 2021 release with a comments feature.
- Default choose Immunization Consent
- Default Administrative Site configuration
- Enter historical vaccinations on the same day as dose 2 vaccinations
- Backdate giving vaccines for when they can’t document on the administration date
- Configure Funding Source for HRSA vs State vaccines
- The template will auto-refresh upon saving, bringing the user to the top of the screen with less scrolling & clicks
- Configure to Always Create a New Encounter instead of attaching to an existing encounter
- Ensure the correct location is selected with configuration for the Current Location vs the Encounter Location on the Appointment
- View Appointment & Tracking Comment indicators in the Administration Log
The template is pre-populated with Pfizer-Biontech, Moderna, & Johnson & Johnson vaccine codes and administration codes that pull from the Medication Module to help you submit claims quickly and accurately. The template includes automatic documentation and billing without the need to open individual patients’ charts. With this template, you can provide more vaccines to more patients in less time.
Benefits of the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Template
TempDev’s new template for COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics will save your practice time and money. When administering vaccines, providers do not need to search for individual patient charts or create appointments. This saves your staff time and hassle. It also frees your providers to focus on vaccinating as many patients as possible. By saving providers time, the template can help you create value for your practice, your patients, your payers, and your community.
The template also helps ensure accurate and timely documentation and billing for the administration of the vaccines. The template helps you prevent claims denials by automatically adding clinical documentation about each vaccination to each patient’s chart. TempDev built this new template to bill for the Pfizer-Biontech vaccine, the Moderna vaccine, the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, and any future released COVID-19 vaccines, and their respective administration codes. This will help you get reimbursed for the vaccination procedure no matter which vaccine you use. When your practice bills accurately, payers will reimburse you more quickly. This saves you money and helps you provide vaccines to more patients. As other vaccines become available, TempDev will update the template to add the relevant vaccine and administration codes.
TempDev’s new template also seamlessly integrates with other NextGen Immunization tools. For example, you can use the template with NextGen’s Vaccine Inventory Solution. This will simplify your providers’ vaccination workflows and help you track vaccine usage across your practice or sites. The template also works with the NextGen Immunization Registry Interfaces. Using these tools together, you can keep track of your vaccine inventory and meet state and federal vaccination public health reporting requirements.
As a vaccination site, your practice has a vital role to play in stopping the COVID-19 pandemic. Increase your vaccination productivity with TempDev’s NextGen EHR solution for COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics.
The TemDev Difference
TempDev’s developers specialize in NextGen Healthcare. We built the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Template & COVID-19 Testing Clinic Template with the needs of ambulatory practices in mind. If your practice needs help to prepare to administer COVID-19 vaccines, call TempDev. Our NextGen consultants, developers, and project managers are here to help with any of your NextGen needs.
Call us at 888.TEMP.DEV, or contact us here to get started documenting and billing for COVID-19 vaccines.