Lead engaging and challenging projects with NextGen EPM, EHR, and revenue cycle management.
What's the opportunity?
The Project Manager will assist in the rolling out NextGen EHR and EPM projects and may be involved in one or more capacities including: project management, analysis, support for system implementation, project coordination, application configuration, workflow re-engineering, change management, and go-live support.
What will I be doing?
- Develop implementation assessment and project plan
- Document current and proposed clinical workflows
- Analyze, evaluate and make recommendations for options in the use of NextGen EHR, EPM and ancillary products.
- Effectively educate and guide end-users and IT team members in software functionality and configurations.
- Facilitate the management of user expectations.
- Complete follow-up analysis to ensure software used effectively.
- Support all users of application systems, timely implementation of an ongoing maintenance of applications, and provide the opportunity for enhanced user productivity.
- Provide post go-live support to ensure end-user satisfaction.
- Work with project leadership and end-users to develop and complete implementation project tasks and deliver training courses.
- Timely communication and escalation of issues both to internal leadership and external client.
What skills do I need?
- Experience in implementing NextGen EHR & EPM and training users to become effective.
- Prior experience working with clinical practice leaders to assess and modify existing workflow and operations to take advantage of NextGen Enterprise functionality is required.
- Minimum of 3 years in NextGen EPM or EHR, with NextGen NCP a plus.
- PMP a plus.
- A demonstrated knowledge of MACRA/MIPS and the steps necessary to comply with these requirements is essential.
- Experience working with primary care and specialist physician practices, including a demonstrated knowledge of practice operations and workflow
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization and successfully prioritize demands from multiple clients.
- Detailed knowledge of quality programs such as HEDIS is a plus.
- Creativity and analytical ability to solve problems in a variety of client situations, roles and environments.
- Clear, concise communication skills.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Word.
- Competitive salary.
- Work from home with flexible working hours.
- Peace of mind with health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
- Paid time off, holiday, and parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones.
Send us your resume and include details about why you’d be a good fit for the role and why you want to work with Team TempDev.