NextGen Billing Representative
What's the opportunity?
A TempDev NextGen Billing Representative assists in medical billing on NextGen EPM. They may be involved in one or more capacities including customer service, coding, charge entry, payment posting, insurance follow-up, filing appeals, or credit balances.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for all aspects of insurance follow up and collections, including making telephone calls, accessing payer websites and filing appeals.
- Effectively resolves complex or aged inventory, including payment research and payment recoups with minimal or no assistance necessary.
- Identify issues or trending and provide suggestions for resolution.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents the pertinent collection activity performed.
- Review the account information and necessary system applications to determine the next appropriate work activity.
- Verify claims adjudication utilizing appropriate resources and applications. Initiate telephone or letter contact to patients to obtain additional information as needed.
- Perform appropriate billing functions, including manual re-bills as well as electronic submission to payers.
- Edit claims to meet and satisfy billing compliance guidelines for electronic submission.
- Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete reports, and resolve high priority and aged inventory.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual performance evaluation process with their Supervisor.
- Respond timely to emails and telephone messages as appropriate.
- Identify and communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues as well as assist in the development of solutions.
- Assist with special projects assigned by management as needed.
- Assist new or existing staff with training or techniques to increase production and quality as well as provide A/R support for the team or team members that may be absent or backlogged.
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of 3-5 years in NextGen EPM Medical Billing.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Clear, concise communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD codes.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and insurance terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of claims and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation.
- Intermediate technical skills with Microsoft Outlook & Excel experience.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Competitive salary.
- Work from home.
- Peace of mind with health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
- Paid time off, holiday, and parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones.