Choose 6 measures out of about 300 for a minimum of 90 days for positive adjustment.
- One measure must be an Outcome measure OR
- High Priority measure
- Clinicians receive 3 to 10 points on each quality measure based on performance against benchmarks.
- Controlling High Blood Pressure
- Documentation of Current Medication
- Fall Risk Assessment
- Use of High Risk Medications in the Elderly
Resource use (cost)
- CMS will collect cost data for informational purposes via Medicare claims submission.
- This will not have any impact on the overall composite score.
- Feedback will still be provided on this category in 2017, but it will not affect 2019 payments.
Advancing Care Information (ACI)
In 2017, there are 2 measure sets available for reporting:
Advancing Care Information Objectives and Measures or 2017 Advancing Care Information Transition Objectives and Measures.
- The measure sets are dependent on the participant's Certified EHR version.
- Fulfill the required base measures for a minimum of 90 days. Select from additional performance and bonus scores for additional credit.
- Security Risk Analysis
- Provide Patient Access
- Send Summary of Care
- Request/Accept Summary of Care
A clinician must obtain 40 points total from available activities under 9 sub-categories:
- Expanded Practice Access, Population Management, Care Coordination, Beneficiary Engagement, Patient Safety and Practice Assessment, Participation in an APM, Achieving Health Equity, Integrating Behavioral and Mental Health, Emergency Preparedness and Response.
- Attest for a minimum of 90 days for positive adjustment.
- Anticoagulation Management Improvements
- Engagement of Community for Health Status Improvement
- Implementation of Medication Management Practice Improvements
- Participation in Population Health Research